Search This Blog

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Snowy Saturday!

Early morning and the snow glistens under the moonglow outside the window.  Up early to get lunch packed for Miles...We went to see Mom yesterday-we didn't stay a long time since the roads were to get bad and we timed it pretty well-the roads were starting to be nasty by the time we pulled into our driveway--we were grateful to be home safe and sound. 
Mom looked pretty good all things considered. I read to her from the "Daily Pizza" (other wise known as the Daily Word) and we read scripture and prayed together.  I know Mama clings to her faith in the midst of this trial but I have had my doubts recently.  How can a just God allow people to suffer, people who have been faithful to Him their whole lives?  Are we just praying to the thin air? Is everything just a crap shoot? I just hope we can get mama closer to us next week so I can see her every day again.
I talked the "kitty talk" to her too--she asked how they were doing and I said they tried to jump into the car to come see her and they said to tell her "Meouwy New Year!"
So today I will watch some bowl games... can't believe that football is almost over again for another year. I want to print some pics and get a couple pages put together too. Maybe get a little cleaning done-Miles said he would hang some pictures that have been waiting for forever to be put up-Yeah!!! I do want to go see Laura for a bit too-we have been neglecting her because of being caught up with mom, and we need to spend an hour or so with her today.
A really cold spell is forecast for the next few days, a good time to snuggle in with a good book. I need to loose myself in one for a while. That's about it for now, more to come. Peace to this world.

1 comment: