Search This Blog

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve!

What a day Yesterday! I got a phone call at 9 am saying the doctor was ready to transfer mom to an acute care facility!!There went my holiday shopping plans. She is 1 1/2 hrs away now-so we spent the day taking care of all that had to be done...mom was so sad...it was so hard to take her and watch er try to reconcile to being far from us...she was asking for us to bring her things from home...and my heart was breaking
Thank God that my Miles stayed by my side all day...he was a trooper...it was all I wanted for Christmas-his support for that day.
So in the midst of all this craziness, we found the grandchildren each a special present-a step stool for Spencer9(at the Hardwood Mall) and a Nativity globe music box for Camryn(at the hospital gift shop!!)
We are going to pick up Lana and travel to my daughter Aimee's for Christmas Eve dinner-Miles says he's not eating all day because if she is as good a cook as me he will want to chow down on a lot of food!!
A Blessed Christmas to all...God Bless us everyone! 

1 comment:

  1. Hope my cooking lived up to yours... We loved having you here for our first special dinner in our new home.

    ReplyDelete