Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Still a caretaker

I thought now that Mama is gone, my caretaker skills might become a bit rusty. I should have known better thank to think I was going to have a quiet morning catching up on all the scrapbooking blogs...My mother-in-law Laura, called at 6 am; she was having a nosebleed, and she couldn't get it stopped.  So I hopped in the truck (since I told Miles to take the car as I wasn't going anywhere), and got to her house in record time I think.  She had a kleenex to her nose and I started the pressure and also put the ice packs on her upper bridge and back of neck...In a little while, the bleeding subsided, and the crisis averted.  I stayed until the store opened and went and got her a couple things she needed, and some groceries for myself(mainly kitty food, treats, and litter!!).  I got home about 9:30 and talked a while with Mary Ann.  Then Steph called to tell me she was denied SS. I is so disappointing especially since she had legal representation this time, whom I thought would be able to help her navigate the system.  Tomorrow is going to be another caretaking day with Lana-tests and Dr. appt,; also filling out her taxes. more later...

No comments:

Post a Comment